Two Essential Qualities of a Leader’s Life
A Humble Spirit and a Teachable Spirit
Proverbs 1:1-7 (NIV)
The proverbs of Solomon son of David, king of Israel:
1. for gaining wisdom and instruction; for understanding words of insight;
2. for receiving instruction in prudent behavior, doing what is right and just and fair;
3. for giving prudence to those who are simple, knowledge and discretion to the young—
4. let the wise listen and add to their learning, and let the discerning get guidance—
5. for understanding proverbs and parables the sayings and riddles of the wise.
5. Let the wise hear and increase in learning, and the one who understands obtain guidance…
5. There’s something here also for seasoned men and women, still a thing or two for the experienced to learn—
The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and instruction.
- Isaiah 57:15 – “contrite and lowly spirit”
- Isaiah 66:2 – “humble and contrite in spirit”
- Romans 12:3 – “not to think more highly of himself than he ought to think”
- James 4:6 – “God is opposed to the proud but gives grace to the humble”
- James 4:10 – “Humble yourselves in the presence of the Lord and He will exalt you”
- Does not trust in his own ABILITIES
- Reflects the heart of a SERVANT
- Esteems OTHERS better than themselves (Life Focus = God and Others)
- Realizes there are no LITTLE people and no SMALL places
- Recognizes the PRIVILEGE of serving on God’s Team
- Desires to give all the GLORY to God
Feel free to contact us with any questions.